Like…not even porn or that cheesy crap in the “romance” category.
But like fictional books that has a good plot, etc.
I love Firelands by Michael Jensen. The Last Herald Mage (though they make me cry). Several things by Timothy James Beck, though I don’t have titles right now. Latter Days (and the movie; also made me cry). The Vintner’s Luck (also made me cry again.) The Melusine books (I dont’ remember which is the first, sorry) by Sarah Monette. Lynn Flewelling’s Nightrunner books (THESE ARE SO GOOD OMG.)
And, if you want free internets stuff, I have a bunch of links to original fic in my delicious account. I would particularly pay attention to anything by Parhelion and Jesse Hajicek (although I have him by several different names in here.
Hope there’s something in here you’d like!
Posted on: Aug 7, 2011 at 10:12 PM
- timelordexmachina reblogged this from oneknightincamelot
- tits-and-sand likes this
- larmes-de-pluie likes this
- savemyteethforthewolf likes this
- prestidigital likes this
- okay-this-looks-bad said: Funny Boy by Shyam Selvadurai is mostly a coming-of-age story about a gay boy growing up in Sri Lanka in a time of civil unrest. It has a love story side plot. Kinda tragic.
- nnnghdestiel likes this
- iya likes this
- clarissy likes this
- pedantic-octopodes likes this
- -wondersmith likes this
- tinderet likes this
- youmustbebambi likes this
- maebyfunkebluth likes this
- thylaa likes this
- gaywolf likes this
- heathyr likes this
- poor-mans-tardis likes this
- itmightbehere said: Oh! Also, if you go on Amazon and search for “gay fiction” in books, it gives you a ton. And some people make reading lists (I don’t remember what they’re called), and you’ll be more likely to find the good shit there.
- alengthoftime likes this
- dirtyovercoats likes this
- bebraveharry likes this
- boazpriestly likes this
- inexplicableteacups said: will grayson, will grayson by john green and david leviathen. not just about m/m and not a huge focus on it but really, really good
- boazpriestly said: What love means to you people by NancyKay Shapiro is pretty good. And Edinburgh by Alexander Chee is one of my favorites.
- loup--garou said: I just started reading the vintners luck, and it’s pretty good so far.
- oneknightincamelot said: Hero by Perry Moore and the Kushiel series look beyond homosexuality and their characters live by the idea of loving who you want.
- swaggermetimbers said: If you read the City of Bones series, there’s a gay couple in the background for the entire series and one of them is a sarcastic glittery warlock.
- frodoswagginsarchive said: Boy Meets Boy Or so I’ve been told to look up. :)
- afatlady-barfedinherpurse said: “Dream Boy” by Jim Grimsley and “The Deal” by Timothy J Lambert & Becky Cochrane
- kaledanvers said: I hear The Vintner’s Luck is good. I haven’t read it, but I think it’s about a dude and an angel?
- thewinterwidow said: I may possibly be writing one…? But already published? None that I know of. If you find one, let me know.
- orphanraisedbycarnies-archive said: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
- adammilliganisthe12thdoctor said: I know a few, but most of them are more romantically inclined or, if not, it’s a small side/supporting character who is in that relationship.
- teenwolfitude said: i havent read it yet but i heard boy meets boy by david levithan is good?
- slashawaybabe said: Umm I liked A Home At The End of the World
I am a 24 year old customer service rep who hates talking on the phones like WHOA, so CLEARLY I MAKE GOOD LIFE CHOICES. I like geeking out and also geeky things, and my hobbies include lying, being a lie-teller, and lies.
On this Tumblr, you will find a wide assortment of things and also shittons of Supernatural and Teen Wolf. Because that's how I roll.
Feel free to talk to me! I like conversations, I just am bad about starting them. D:
Also, if you're looking for good fic to read, check out my Delicious or this post I made in reply to someone I follow. I have a shitton of things recced there in a crapload of fandoms. Hopefully there's something you'll like. Unless you hate slash. Roughly 95% of that is slash.
My Tumblwife is utsukushii-loli. You should follow her as she's basically amazing. She cheats, though. ;_;